There’s something magical about Christmas!
At least that seems to be what every advertisement and Hallmark movie would want us to believe!
Although I don’t believe in magic, I do believe there is something very supernatural about Christmas. The whole Christmas story is wrapped up in supernatural events, encounters and evidence of a God that doesn’t always follow His own “rules” when it comes to pouring out His lavish love on us.
It was supernatural when …
- The prophets foretold – in extreme detail – about the birth of a tiny baby in the City of David.
- The angel met Mary and told her she would become the mother of the Son of God.
- A virgin became pregnant and carried a baby to full term.
- The baby in Elizabeth’s womb leapt for joy when Mary came close because the baby recognized the deity in his aunt’s womb. (Wow!)
- A choir of heavenly beings were seen in the sky by peasant shepherds. (Move over Northern Lights.. that must have been something!)
- Those shepherds were guided to the very cave where the new parents were swaddling their newborn son after giving birth in rough surroundings.
I could go on! So many parts of the Christmas story are supernatural. God intervened into our world and did amazing things BECAUSE HE LOVES US.
That’s not all. This Christmas God is still doing Supernatural things. He is the same God. He has not changed. His love for people has not waned even an iota in the last 2000 years. He is still Supernaturally calling men and women to Himself.
I’ve been seeing God do supernatural things when
- we’ve prayed for the sick during Covid, and some are healed.
- we see a life once entrenched in addictions set free!
- forgiveness restores a broken relationship.
- we see love melt even the hardest of hearts.
- we feel PEACE in a world that is steeped in FEAR.
- we experience HOPE in a world that is HOPELESS!
The “magic of Christmas” doesn’t hold a candle to the Supernatural Love of God poured over us day after day after day.
Above all of these things and so many others that I don’t have room or time to mention is the supernatural truth that God is With Us. That is incredible! Emmanuel – God with us – is one of the Names given to Jesus even before He was born (another Supernatural moment).
Imagine… Creator God. God of the Universe. God of all. King of Kings. By His Spirit lives in the hearts of those who are submitted to Him. The supernatural part of that is our ability, by the power of His Holy Spirit, to live lives of grace, forgiveness, mercy and love.
THAT, my friends, is still the ongoing work of the Supernatural God. Look for it this Christmas. Encounter it. Enjoy it. God is STILL at work!
Here at CBMC we know we serve a Supernatural God. And we’d like to invite you to join us in praying for a few things that are dear to our hearts and our mission.
- Financial support. In order for us to continue reaching Canadians in the Marketplace we are asking the Lord for provision. Please pray about your part in God’s plan for our nation regarding this. We’d like to raise enough money to cover our expenses and reach more business people than ever before. Will you join us?
- Leaders of Tomorrow. Young business men and women who are willing and ready to be mentored in becoming influencers for Christ in their calling in the Marketplace need our support. Our program needs sponsors! Will you consider sponsoring ($4000) and praying for a young business person?
- MissionFest Manitoba. We are excited that we will once again be participating at MissionFest in 2022. If you are able to support us in preparing the booth, our materials for handout, and covering the expenses for this, we would be very grateful! Please put Feb 4-6, 2022 on your calendar and plan to join us at MissionFest in Winnipeg (or virtually if you are not in Manitoba).
This is a season where we could be depressed or stressed, or even look for the “magic” of Christmas… but I invite you to quiet your hearts each day through this season and look for the Supernatural God, still at work in our world, in your workplace and in your home.
Would you do me a favour? We’d love to hear your stories of the Supernatural things God is doing in your workplace, your home, your community and your life. Please send us your stories! We would love to praise God together with you!
Have a very blessed Christmas!
CBMC National Director